Based on a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan - ma po: tofu in a bright and spicy sauce. This is an aubergine-y twist!
- 300g aubergine, cut into chunks
- 90g minced pork
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Spicy Bean (Toban Jhan etc) Sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 - 2 tsp Chiu Chow Chilli Oil
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Marinate the pork with oyster sauce and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the aubergine and cook for 8-10 minutes turning until golden and tender.
- Add minced pork and cook together for 5 minutes. Stir in the spicy bean sauce and a splash of water and cook 2 minutes.
- For extra heat stir in the chilli oil and scatter over coriander leaves to serve.