Smashed Cucumber Salad with Garlic and Vinegar Dressing
A quick and easy tangy treat that's also healthy!
- 300g small cucumbers (approx. 4)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- Trim the ends from the cucumbers, using a rolling pin or mallet smash them until the skin breaks. Put into a colander, sprinkle over with salt, toss together and allow them to drain for 30 minutes.
- Dry the cucumber on paper towel, then slice into bite-size pieces.
- Mix the sauce mix well.
- Add finely chopped garlic, toss all the ingredients together with the sauce and serve.
- An interesting way to prepare cucumbers. Make a refreshing side salad with delicious aroma and taste. Use regular cucumber if you prefer, but the small ones have a sweeter flavour.